Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ok, here we go...

I'm sticking my pinkie toe into the blogging pool...and man is the water COLD. I'm hoping to slowly inch myself in and get a hold on this whole blogging thing. I've admired many people (some I know and some I don't) for the wonderfully creative, artistic, and inspiring blogs they've kept. So now I'm going to try my hand at it - while wearing my nose plug and water wings of course. :)

It all started when one of my oldest and dearest friends, Bethany, and I had lunch and spent hours just stalking all these really cool decorating blogs. Page by page, I would just read and think, "Why am I not blogging about all my crazy ideas?"  Turns out Bethany was thinking the same thing. I ended up buying her a book for Christmas entitled Blogging for Bliss: Crafting Your Own Online Journal by Tara Frey. 

You see, Bethany is a dedicated learner and reader....me, not so much. I was always the kind to try to program the VCR without reading the directions, and then break the remote in a rage because it wouldn't do what I wanted.  So my ulterior motive in buying  her this book, was to let her read and then have her teach me all the blog-tastic tricks of the trade. But, curiosity  the best of me and I recently ordered my own copy of Tara's cool book. Now that I'm armed with a little how-to handbook, I'm going to take ever chance I get to hide from my husband and kids (which most times is in the bathroom) and read when I can. Hopefully I'll get the basics down soon, and will be well on my way to doing laps in the blogging pool. So here I go....CANNONBALL!!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl!! Congrats and thanks for the nod! I love your new blog and can't wait to read what else you have to post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog so far, Brandy. Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete